Moonbase Alpha is an British-American adventure science fiction drama television series that follows the inhabitants of a moonbase on the Earth's Moon that was inexplicably pulled out of orbit by an unknown extrasolar source and taken on a journey throughout the cosmos.
- Commissioner Gerald Simmonds- British chairman of the International Lunar Finance Commission.
- Commander Anton Gorski- Russian former commanding officer of Moonbase Alpha.
- Commander John Koenig- American commanding officer of Moonbase Alpha. Cool, calm, witty, and intelligent.
- Paul Morrow- British base executive officer and Main Mission controller, second-in-command.
- Captain Alan Carter- Australian chief pilot and third-in-command.
- Pilot Bill Fraser- American co-pilot with Carter.
- Professor Victor Bergman- British chief science advisor on Moonbase Alpha.
- David Kano- American data technician and member of Bergman's science and tech team.
- Doctor Helena Russell- American chief medical officer on Moonbase Alpha
- Doctor Bob Mathias- American deputy at Medical Section.
- Tony Verdeschi- American head of security and Command Center controller.
- Sandra Benes- Asian-American data analyst.
- Tanya Alexander- American base operations officer.
- Lunar Space Research Organization (LSRO)
- Moonbase Alpha
(Use different episode titles)
- "Out of Orbit." 2 hour pilot. New commander, Patrick Osgood mining in the catacombs discovers alien object, Moon pulled out of orbit by space warps. Tony/Koenig navigate ahead. Meta probe. Encounter WAR GAMES. Near a black hole, what wonders lie out there?
- "INFERNAL MACHINE" Gwent, Companion. "lonely, blind creature looking for death"
- "FORCE OF LIFE" Body snatcher, wants heat, nuclear reactor
- "RING AROUND THE MOON" Aliens want info, non corporeal, use Helena
- "MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH" Lush earth-like world, Astro 7 mission, lost 5 years ago, Lee Russell returns, he's an apparition, not real just a mechinazations of the planet.
- "SEED OF DESTRUCTION" Koenig duplicate on a crystal asteroid
- "BRIAN THE BRAIN" Star mission, 300 Swifts, lost 4 years ago, Planet D, Capt. Michael, for 88 years.
- "SEANCE SPECTRE" Group wants to inhabit new earth-like world without the moon personnel. Coup!
- "EARTHBOUND" Alien refugees from a dying world, offer 1 person in a lotto, Simmonds forces himself to go, the lotto picked him anyway, irony. Mid-season finale.
- "MISSING LINK/FULL CIRCLE" 2 million years ago, Stone Age 40,000 years ago, Missing Link in planets evolution. Zenna/Retha designation. Koenig captured. Paul/Sandra breakup, she's seeing Alan now.
- "LAST SUNSET" Alien benefactors terraform the Moon ephemerally.
- "ANOTHER PLACE, ANOTHER TIME" Space-time anomaly. Re-enter sol sys, double moons, Future Alphans (10 years from now?) Alpha Child, 9 months since leaving Earth orbit, 250 days ago.
- "COLLISION COURSE" Crash into an alien world, designated Atheria.
- "MISSION OF THE DARIANS" 20 square km starship. 50,000 crew. 14 senior staff. Lie! 1 year since leaving Earth orbit (360 days).
- "TAYBOR" The trader, introduce the Dorcons, S.S. Emporium.
- "VOYAGER'S RETURN" Radiation exhaust. Killed lots. 15 years ago. Queller Drive. Pursuit of knowledge. Voyager probes, rename!
- "TESTAMENT OF ARKADIA" Ancient astronauts. Leave 2 people and some others behind with a couple Eagles. Finale of S2. Getting closer to whatever pulled them from orbit.
- "JOURNEY TO WHERE" Transmission from Earth on an interstellar ansible from Texas City 2200 (2120 in '70s version) Accidentally sent back to 13xx.
- "DRAGON'S DOMAIN" Tony Cellini. Ultra probe launched 3 years prior to leaving Earth orbit for a 7 month trip. Interplanetary spacecraft. Mission mystery, think he killed his crewmates. 877 days since leaving orbit.
- "BRINGERS OF WONDER" Super-Swift with friends and family aboard. Hideous telepathic entities. 2 part?
- "METAMORPH" Encounter Maya, Psycon
- "DORZAK" Other survivors of her planets collapse
- "DORCONS" Archenemy of the series
List of Moonbases
- Moonbase Alpha (First built, international moonbase). 311 personnel.
- Moonbase Bravo (Brazil). 340 personnel.
- Moonbase Charlie (Chinese). 800 personnel.
- Moonbase Echo (European). 9,000 personnel.
- Neil A. Armstrong Lunar Outpost (American). 200 people.
- Sea of Tranquility City (Multi-national). 120,000 people.
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Lunar Complex (India). 17,000 personnel.
- Tsukiyomi Station (Under construction by Japan). 30,000 personnel.
- Tycho City (Multi-national). 55,000 people.
- Vega Aerospace Colonial Settlement X-562A (Recently completed, Private). 70 personnel.
- Yuri Gagarin Star City (Russia). 10,000 personnel.
Total population on the Moon: 242,721. (A quarter of a million people on the Moon in the mid-late 21st century)